Friday, December 9, 2011

The Unexpected Trip

·      A week ago I landed in Cincinnati after having left here in 2009 with no thought or feeling I would ever return- hahahahahaha!!!  What a sense of humor we have!

       This came about after my dear friends and family unexpectedly landed in Boulder to visit my brother Jason and myself- they were traveling to Cincinnati from the Oregon area to visit Susan's family- at the last minute they dropped by Boulder and we spent two amazing days creating this strong, peaceful, loving field- by candlelight, sharing openly and honestly- tapping into something larger than any of us; hiking in the mountains and using sage to clear and sweet grass to open up for the new; cooking wonderful meals and sharing a glass of wine.
      
       Last Wednesday morning I woke up and asked my higher self- what's next?  All that I could feel clearly was the field that we had created and a feeling to keep this up in the physical, no matter what that meant!  I heard the words- "If not now, when?"  This was the morning Susan and Olivier were to leave and so I came out to the living room and spoke with Susan and then Olivier- it was a yes for them!  Then we called Jason to come over and spoke with him about what was up and invited him to come along- he chose to stay.

      So in a matter of a few hours, I was packed and ready to go- it is easier when there isn't so much stuff to travel!  Olivier very graciously and lightly, repacked the van- it was already full with two people's belongings and now a third was added- we were off for the next piece of adventure....

     I stop here and feel appreciation for the design of a life that I can make a choice like this- I feel appreciation for others who are around me to support that- I feel appreciation for the listening to the voice and the action taken.

      We stopped in Oberlin, Kansas and sat outside a convenient store with Wifi checking responses to a few people I had emailed before I left Boulder to see if there was indeed a place to land- I really didn't worry about that one for some reason.  I heard back from two delightful women with generous offers.

       And the trip- wow- what a gift!  I had ridden in the van while we were all living in Mexico, but never for a big trip- Susan and Olivier have created this most amazing way to travel- making everything easy and effortless and comfortable.

      There is a sleeper mattress in the back- so while one is driving and one is in the passenger seat, the other could sleep- we drove right through.... while we drove I asked about how things were arranged and what worked well- feeling that this could be a resource for others- joking I said Olivier could have a website and consulting business.

  •     So if you sleep in the van, a compass is necessary- when you pull into a place in the dark you will want to point the van so the sun doesn't hit you in the eyes in the morning.
  •     If it is cold it also helps to pull over so there is a blocking of the wind and chill.
  •     Peeing in public- of course it is a no brainer for the man, but the woman can open the van passenger door and squat with a cheek on the edge- if the van is facing so that you are exposed your travel partner can hold up a large scarf.
  •     You can stay on the road if you pack traveling food and pack it rich behind the seat so you have access- fruit, nuts, chips, hard boiled eggs.
  •     A lot of stores in the US have Wi Fi access so you can just pull up outside and all McDonalds.
  •     Download a movie on the computer and you can watch it on the road- comfort
  •     An inverter is useful- it charges the computer, cellphone, electric blanket
  •     Packing hints- use the van's seatbelt (all seats are out BTW) to secure things- important to secure big suitcases because of sliding when stopping; essential oils, throat spray and eyedrops within reach of the driver's seat in the door pocket; shoes and toys can be placed in nooks and crannies.
  •     Make different piles of useful and necessary items- stuff under the bed that  you won't need right away- off season- items and overnight bag close by.
  •    Carry an extra 5 gallons of water and always fill up when there is pure water- mountain streams, grocers who sell it.
  •   They have a box for salty and a box for sweet right behind the seats in the van.
  •   Have a system and be flexible- yo never know who will be joining you- bravo to Susan and Olivier .
   This is work of art- this way of living and anyone who wants to know more I would be happy to put you in touch with Olivier and Susan- this was a new experience of traveling so consciously and purposefully.

   So we drove across Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky- eating well, sleeping, chatting, seeing the sites when we could- we even stopped at the Our Lady of the Snow in Missouri and experienced the shrine- what an adventure life can be when I allow it.

  And now I am back in Cincinnati, reconnecting with loved ones and reclaiming parts of me- can't wait to see the next adventure!  

  Feeling stronger and stronger and receiving messages that all is well- that more than a physical move, there has been a shift in consciousness- freedom, ahhhhhh!!!!

·     

No comments:

Post a Comment