Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm off...

This will be a quick one- I'm off - well we know that... but I have left physically.  Sitting in a lovely hotel room in Laredo Texas with my new friend....
A little off center at the LaCrosse airport- baggage costs alot- $60 as opposed to what I thought was $50 and then they wanted to charge another $90 because my one bag weighed over 50 pounds; personally I thought it was amazing that I got my whole life into two suitcase and a carry on- Delta didn't agree.  So because I believe in traveling light and I also want to watch where the money goes- after a moment of shakiness, I chose strongly to open the overweight suitcase and take out two pairs of shoes, a sweatshirt, my jean jacket, a beach towel and left them at the airport- also left my winter coat because right now I don't need it and I wasn't going to carry all of that.  The lady behind the counter was surprised and allowed me the bag through over 50- I think just to get rid of me.
OK- onto the plane- effortless flight, effortless transfer in Minneapolis with no wait time.  Big plane going to Austin so I got all three seats to myself and as we were coming into Austin- the cloud beings waved and shouted welcome to me.
Now that I am sitting and writing I guess the price of the bags was worth it, because they were the first two out of the claim area- I walked outside and without a cell phone, my friend Nancy pulled up and we took off- again- effortless.
Besides some engaging conversation, the other excitement for the night was dinner- Texas BBQ and some of the best creamed corn I have ever tasted....
We are off early in the am so i will sign off now-more to come...
Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment