Friday, March 4, 2011

Parenting Myself in real time....

This feels like a coming out week for me- I have been out of the house, being with more people this week than I have the whole time I have been in this geographic location- and the taste of it is very different.  I am Present most of the time- still getting my quiet time- it has been a lovely dance of balance.
Today I took yesterday's lesson into the day and walked with the vibe of parenting myself in the power of love- the day so far ( I will be attending a fund raiser this evening) has been in service to another family I have met who love me and I love them.  Underneath the disguise of child care or house sitter they can feel something else and we have a genuine relationship.  Today I spent the day taking care of the four children and I could not have created a more beautiful day- a walk in the woods, meaningful conversation, movie, good food!  I experienced this because each time my mind stepped in with a story of some sort- like, I am tired or I can't do this, or I don't like this- I said Bull.... and remembered center, home.   So I met the young girl who chose to wear shoes instead of boots and then cried about the shoes not working with what is- and I kept meeting her with what is, not getting hooked in what she was trying to create.  By the end of the day, she said she loved me.  I met one of the young boys who tease his younger brother into tears and fits with a what is statement- one warning and then up to his room by himself.
So on a day i parented myself,  I had more fun with these kids than I ever have and they did too!  I am sitting quietly for an hour before I go to the fundraiser and meditating and writing- to reclaim the whole day!
Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment